Halyard has expert knowledge and experience in executing brownfield projects on time and on budget. Being considerably more complicated than greenfield projects, brownfield assignments require significantly more detailed planning to mitigate clashes, avoid interruptions to the operating plant, and minimize durations of tie-in shutdowns.
Our team members are familiar with both project execution and operating environments which lends itself to a safe and efficient transition during the implementation of brownfield projects.
Our brownfield project strategy:
- Understand operations’ needs
- Identify applicable solutions and assess their feasibility from a constructability, economic and productivity standpoint
- De-risk projects by focusing on “engineering-out” potential issues when it comes time to construct the project
- Utilize engineers throughout the project’s life-cycle to ensure continuity
- Design contingency plans that may be implemented if required
- 3D modelling and scanning of the project areas
The above strategic planning, along with an engineering philosophy that is centered around minimizing disruptions to ongoing operations has proven to be very successful for Halyard when executing challenging brownfield projects.